Why + How I batch my posts for Instagram and Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Why + How I batch my posts for Instagram and Blog


Why + How I batch my posts for Instagram and Blog

Batching posts are a great way to get more done within a short amount of time. I used to despise batching posts for it gives me a sense that I’m producing content with lower quality. Let’s take writing for an example, I write well— as a songbird sings, when I’m in harmony with my creative side. 

There were many days when I am not feeling the creative energy, yet I forced myself to churn out pieces and pieces of content just because I need to keep my social media profiles active— in which, I'd give up as soon as I've started.

On the other hand, although most contents may have compromised in quality, batching posts gave me a sense of freedom, which I don’t have to churn out post by post every single day or on-the-go. I get to enjoy more of my own time, running other errands. 

So it really boils down to what my priorities are. I either have the option to come up with magnificent posts, once in a while or few posts weekly but with a slight drop in quality while retaining my freedom to do other things throughout the days.

It was a tough choice to pick between them, but I chose to batch my posts and contents just so I am able to enjoy more freedom in enjoying other things in life. I’m still trying to find the sweet spot of creating quality post + batching contents. But for now, batching posts and contents are my way to go.

How I batch my contents for this blog + Instagram.


1. Make a mental note on what you want to do 


I start off my batching process by making a mental note on the tasks I have to complete during the batching. This includes taking photos for IG, taking photos for my blog, preparing topics to write about. Making these little step-by-step mental notes help to reduce anxiety and helps me align with the purpose of the process.

2. Batch taking photos


The best time to take photos in my room is a time between 10.30 am - 12.00 pm. Oftentimes, I make a visual note on what type of content I want to try creating a few days before. Lurking and getting inspired by IG and Pinterest is a great way to help you visualize what you want to create. Once you have the visualizations down, it’s time to start snapping away.

3. Quick editing with VSCO/ any other photo editing app


While I do know many Instagram influencers and top bloggers prefer to import their photos to their work laptop and edit using Lightroom, I prefer the simple + quickest way— which is to use VSCO and edit in bulk. I can select up to 50 images and edit them in one tap of a button. For photos that may need extra effort, I will spend a little more time fixing them, however, most of my photos are edited easily.

4. Keep your contents organized in Google Drive


My go-to cloud storage is Google Drive for its ease of access and simple interface. I drop them in different folders, all organized and named properly according to their blog topic. As for my IG contents, I’ll keep them in my phone storage so I am able to access it easily whenever I need to post.

For my writings, I work in a single Google Doc file so I may have access to it anytime and anywhere. Once the writings are transferred into blogger, it will be erased from the Google Docs.

5. Scheduling your posts


While I do agree that there is a certain “sweet” time to post in order to gain the best interactions, I work manually. I figured that the best time to post is around 7.00 pm - 8.00 pm, I do not use a scheduler as I can do it manually and save app space on my phone. Aside from that, most free Instagram schedulers would ruin the quality of the photos.

As for blog posts, I will find a day to sit down and insert all my contents from my google document (writings + photos) before scheduling using blogger. As for the best time to post, I usually don’t care much for my blogging times— however, after the blog post has been published, I will announce on my IG to drive IG traffic to my blog.

Now, let all the magic happen. My blog posts have been scheduled (this post is one of it!), all contents ready, and I would only need to take time to post on my Instagram— and that’s great because while I post, I can spend a few minutes interacting with others.

Batching posts is not something that we should feel badly about. People work on their own pace and style. Find your style.

Keep creating,
Melody

Why + How I batch my posts for Instagram and Blog


11 comments

  1. Oh, what a nice post! This is really helpful. I love everything :)

    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was really interesting.
    Thanks for sharing your tips.
    It also help me a lot to have a mental note of what I want to do next.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margot, thank you for dropping by! I find that having a mental note/vision of what you want to post next really helps a lot.

      Love,
      Melody
      atelierbymel.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. This is so true! I used to hate batching posts in advance, but its so helpful in terms of timing and preparation!xx

    mia // https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia! Thank you for dropping by. I was the same with you, i totally hated batching posts, now I'm loving it!

      Love,
      Melody
      atelierbymel.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Seems like you're really a very well-organized person, aren't you?
    I need to learn it from you! :)

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    www.chelsheaflo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelshea, I'm still far from being well-organized, i just try to organize what i can to reduce my work haha.

      Love,
      Melody
      atelierbymel.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. This is an interesting suggestion to maintain consistency.
    Thank you for your advice.

    Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Himawan, thanks for dropping by!

      Love,
      Melody
      atelierbymel.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Such good tips and tricks ,thank you for sharing!
    With love...Anna
    annaslittlething.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Sprinkle some stardust

Latest on Instagram

© Miss Meowlodei. Design by Eve.