Review: Power7042 Wireless JoyPad Controller for Switch (T13 Nintendo Switch Handgrip)

Thursday, June 3, 2021

review nintendo switch handgrip

Review: Power7042 Wireless JoyPad Controller for Switch (T13 Nintendo Switch Handgrip)


My first OEM handgrip! I never saw the purpose of getting a joycon handgrip for my Nintendo Switch— I mean, is there a need to purchase something extra when I already have a pro controller and the switch’s default joycons?

Joyskypower sent me these amazing OEM joycon handgrip and it literally changed my gaming experience. Now I can see why so many people got an extra set of joycon handgrip. Now, these handgrip only come in the default Switch colors, even if I prefer to choose colors more suitable to my aesthetics. But there is nothing cute stickers can’t fix!

nintendo switch joycon handgrip red blue


Sometimes gaming is not all about the aesthetic, it’s also about the experience! My entire Nintendo Switch gaming experience is levelled up by adding these to my team. With an ergonomic design, it sits extremely comfortable on my hands. My fingers and palm are able to wrap around the grips nicely— I think it’s also mainly because of the size of my hands.

So when I first held the hand grips, “How are they so light? Is it a dummy?”. I wasn’t kidding when I said these were extremely lightweight. If you’re used to holding PS4 controllers, you’ll feel a little weirded out by the lightness.

nintendo switch handgrip red and blue



I thought the buttons would be wonky or hard to press, but it is surprisingly easy to tap and press. It gives off a satisfying click when the buttons are pressed lightly too. The sensitivity is great. The joysticks are smooth but slightly thinner than the normal joycon’s joysticks.

The vibrations function is more powerful than the normal joycons. And with a 6-axis gyroscope, it is suitable for running, shooting and other games for a more realistic experience.

At first I was worried about the connectivity, you know how some OEM accessories have trouble connecting to your Switch, however, these connect so easily without much hassle! Just slide them in place of your joycons until you hear the satisfying click, it connects automatically and immediately without even 1 second of waiting time!

nintendo switch joycon handgrip


As for its Bluetooth connectivity, it works faster if you click it into place, then only remove them while they are connected to your Switch. It’s extremely seamless and hassle-free. Or you can pair it with the usual Bluetooth pairing method.

I think I found my favorite Nintendo Switch OEM accessory!

Pros
  • Easy connectivity
  • Comfortable grips
  • Ergonomic design
  • Up to 10 hours of play-time battery
  • Compatible with Nintendo Switch/Lite
  • Lightweight
  • Affordable price

Cons
  • Not much color choice
  • 2 hours charging (per controller)


Once again, thank you Joyskypower for sending me this. You can find the product here.
Use code meowlodei10 for 10% off your cart!

Wishes,
Mellie

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some stardust

Latest on Instagram

© Miss Meowlodei. Design by Eve.