Anime review: The Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime

Friday, March 12, 2021

the time i was reincarnated as a slime anime laptop ramen food


Anime review: The Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime



I’ve put off this anime for the longest time despite it’s great reviews and high ratings. It’s just something about slimes that didn’t interest me— a part of me still watches anime if only there is some hot 2D guy where I am attracted to.

So really, there was nothing in The Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime that interests and pulls me towards the anime itself. However, on a boring afternoon I just thought to myself “hey, why not let’s give this anime try. Just for 2 episodes.”

Truthfully, the first episode did nothing to interest me but by the 2nd episode, I was literally glued to my laptop and soon, I noticed myself on the 12th episode.

What I liked about the anime:


The story. It is simply interesting how one single slime can bring together different races to live together in a country of its own. The aspect of creating a country and trading knowledge while caring for its citizens are extremely interesting to watch. Not to mention, I like that this anime is just extremely light-hearted and provides a sense of fun and warmth when I am feeling stressed.

The funny bits are not overdone, providing the right amount of humor when needed. And the world building of this story is different from many other fantasy anime. Giving names to monsters is like literally granting them power to evolve into a stronger species! That’s something new.

What I didn’t like about the anime:


While there are so many things to like about this anime, I find that the main plot of this story is a little lacking. While building a community and country is a fun part of the storyline, it doesn’t serve a real purpose for anyone to watch this anime. In other words, the plot seemed to be bland. Sure there is this big evil guy who has to be defeated and he’s releasing evil into the world through many of his schemes, there doesn’t seem to be a solid part of the plot where things are seriously discussed. So it feels like an anime to just watch while you’re having dinner and it didn’t really matter if you were to skip a few episodes.

Even in combat, the main character is so overpowered that the battle ends in an instant. There is no build up. But eventually it is one of the things I enjoyed because of how funny it is that the main character is just so strong.

The Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime is a light-hearted fantasy anime filled with fun and humor. If you’re looking for shounen anime, this may not be the right choice. There is not much action in like most fantasy animes— goblin slayer, how to pick up girls in the dungeon, rage of bahamut, etc.


However if you’re just looking for a feel good shounen anime, then The Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime is the perfect fit. Get cozied up in bed with your favorite meal or drink and just binge watch this. You will be feeling better in no time.

Wishes,
Melody

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some stardust

Latest on Instagram

© Miss Meowlodei. Design by Eve.