Movies to watch over & over again (during lockdown)

Friday, January 22, 2021

Movies to watch over & over again


Movies to watch over & over again (during lockdown)


Malaysia has once again declared the state of emergency however unfortunately for my poor soul, I am still tasked to be working in the office. A part of me felt a great despise but then on the brighter side, I am happy to still have my job, go to work and be around my coworkers.

Weekends have turned boring— with so many places closed and dining, limited to only take-aways. I could rejoice, for I am able to spend more time home and this gives me more reasons to re-watch my favorite movies over and over again.

My personal selection to feel good and enjoy what fictional narratives can offer, here are 10 movies to watch over and over again.

1. Pretty Woman


An early romantic comedy, Pretty Woman is dear to my heart after watching it once in class. I believe it was for an assignment and I just fell in love with the movie. Julia Roberts was stunning, and Richard Gere handsome. You’ll enjoy watching fashion transformations, high posh life and sappy romance in this movie.

2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone


I trust this movie needs no introductions. Re-experience the magic of Hogwarts in the first movie of the Harry Potter series. Oh, my favorite part is when the boys bought the whole lot of snacks and candies off the trolley on the Hogwarts Express. It makes me want to chew on gummy worms while watching.

3. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe


Whisk yourself into the world of Narnia with the Pevensie. Beautiful landscapes, talking beasts and singing trees greet you upon your entrance. The best part of the story has always been the war between Aslan and the Witch. Also, it makes me think a lot about Edmund’s Turkish Delights.

4. Howl’s Moving Castle


A favorite by Studio Ghibli. Although not as prominent as Spirited Away, I have always preferred Howl’s Moving Castle for its story. Not to mention that Howl is almost every girl’s first love. A romantic magical masterpiece of a cursed girl, Sophie and a wizard named Howl.

5. White Chicks


If you’re a fan of chick flicks, this is one movie that you are sure to watch over and over again. The acting and jokes will really get you laughing, not to mention with a little bit of action towards the end of the movie. It still makes me giggle thinking of the dinner date scene with Terry Crews.

6. Anastasia (the animation)


If Disney songs are your thing, Anastasia is a movie I can re-watch many times for it’s songs and story. Based in Russia and Paris, this story is about finding family, romance with a little bit of magic. It nurtures the little princess in me every time I see her dance.

7. Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King


I love all 3 movies (not so much for The Two Towers, where I actually just snoozed halfway through), the last and final movie from the trilogy is an epic battle-adventure from the start to end. Gimli and Legolas’ friendship got me giggling throughout the movie.

8. Mary and the Witch’s Flower


A fantasy animation by Studio Ponoc about a girl who found a magical flower and is granted magic for one night. She discovers the world of witches where she is forced to save her friend and stop a grand scheme of experiments.

9. Crazy Rich Asians


Dream of living the upper-society life in Singapore? A full Asian cast, typical romantic Korean drama-esque story of a middle class girl struggling to establish her place in the society of her mega rich boyfriend is something we definitely dig, right? Of course watching this movie made me miss Singapore so much.

10. The Princess Diaries


Time to channel my inner secret princess! Although I did enjoy watching Chris Pine in the second movie, I enjoyed the first movie so much more. I love watching Mia transform as she struggles with keeping her identity and learning to be a princess. Her little date with Julie Andrews really got me missing my grandmother too.

Wishes,
Melody

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some stardust

Latest on Instagram

© Miss Meowlodei. Design by Eve.