My Genshin Impact Main Party + Tips on how to use them

Saturday, January 23, 2021

My Genshin Impact Main Party + Tips on how to use them



My Genshin Impact main party + Tips on how to use them


I started picking up on Genshin Impact these days after receiving a mechanical keyboard from my partner— and I am in love with this game! Spending hours threading on grass, fighting monsters and gliding across mountains is something that captured me entirely.

Read my first impression and review of Genshin Impact here.

However I always have shit luck at gacha games— and Genshin Impact’s 5* characters are gained through lottery/gacha methods which is still based heavily on your luck and probability. So I can only do my best with 4* characters.

There’s a huge urge to splurge a few dollars on the game but of course, I know I would be hooked as soon as I start so my better self is telling me to hold back and just be patient with farming the in-game currency, Primogems to prepare myself for a pity pull.

What’s a pity pull in Genshin Impact?


Basically if you have shit luck like me in pulling 5* or desirable characters/items, Genshin has a pity system that guarantees you a 5* item/character at every 90th pull. Basically you’ll have to play the gacha 89x before you get a 5* on your 90th time. If you’ve gotten lucky at getting a 5* on your 30th time pulling, then the pity system resets to 0.

With me waiting for my pity pulls, let’s take a look at my current main party! I absolutely love this team for carrying me throughout the entire game until this point.

  • Traveller (Anemo)
  • Beidou (Electro)
  • Barbara (Hydro)
  • Bennet (Pyro)

My Genshin Impact Main Party + Tips on how to use them


How I use my party + elemental combos


I prefer fast attackers, and that would mean short sword-wielders like Traveller and Bennet for weak enemies. And also because they attack fast, they can dodge at a faster rate. Barbara is a healer but also provides elemental effects like inflicting the Wet status before elemental combinations. Beidou on the other hand, wields a claymore and is slower but her attacks pack a more powerful punch.

My favorite elemental combination would be Pyro + Electro, meaning to cause Overload where Bennet steps in with his elemental skill then followed up by switching to Beidou to unleash her electro skills. But how I do it is to switch to Traveller (Anemo) before Beidou, by using Swirl to spread Bennet’s pyro AOE which inflicts a burn status on all enemies before Beidou swoops in to electrocute them.

Another combination is to inflict the Wet status by using Barbara as she heals the characters before swapping with Beidou to cause Electro-charged which causes DOT (damage over time). The combination of Barbara + Bennet also causes Vaporize, which if triggered by Hydro will cause 2x damage. Meaning Bennet will have to inflict the burn status first before Barbara attacks.

Genshin Impact artifacts for my team


Artifacts can be confusing but as you gain higher Adventure Rank, you’ll be rewarded with better quality artifacts. I generally equip Barbara with artifacts that increase her HP, as her healing is scaled with her max HP or a healing-bonus item

As for Bennet, I’ve equipped him with energy recharge + HP so he can always perform his elemental skill with a buffer of 2 seconds in between. Which is really quick.

Beidou is equipped with artifacts that increase her elemental mastery + ATK as I use her mainly for her elemental skills. Elemental mastery increases the damage dealt from elemental combos.

There are so many ways to build your character and party. I am still in the midst of learning it, hence my party and built may not be agreeable to everyone but nevertheless, this team is the one I’ve settled with for now until perhaps, my first 5* character?

Wishes,
Melody



Post a Comment

Sprinkle some stardust

Latest on Instagram

© Miss Meowlodei. Design by Eve.