Where to sell your pre-loved Nintendo games in Malaysia? I sold mine and earned RM1000

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

nintendo 3ds retail games stack

Where to sell 2nd hand Nintendo games in Malaysia?


Today’s update is a rather weighty topic compared to my usual whimsical musings.

Do you really need that physical game card sitting on top of your game stash?

It hit me last night that I am spending unnecessarily on Switch games that costs me avg. RM200 per game and this brings me to a total of ~RM1500 in my current physical Switch game stash. As for my Nintendo 3DS, with an avg. of RM150 per game, it would bring me to ~RM1000 for my entire stash.

If I were to resell these games at a 2nd hand price (according to the market value), it would be ~RM150 per Switch game and ~RM70 per 3DS game. Now, to tally it off: I have RM1000+ sitting idly in my room, covered in dust and marveled at sometimes, just to make content for Instagram.

Repeating it to myself, I began to ponder— these are the things that I don’t use anymore. I do not replay my games, sometimes I even find it hard to complete a single game. Shouldn’t I sell it off to gain back some money? Perhaps carrying some cash is better than carrying a stack of my retail games?

How do I fund new games?


I’m not an impulsive buyer, I usually give myself a “cooling period” to think through but every human is wired to want things. If I can get it now, why wait? With that desire within us, we tend to horde/overspend on things that provide us instant gratification— and then, we feel guilty for spending but the cycle repeats itself every time we see something that catches our eyes.

Physical games, or digital games are expensive in my country. They could easily cost us 10x-15x of a Mcdonalds burger set. But then, when we slave ourselves to earn money, why do we have to refrain ourselves from these little pleasures?

Now, I don’t re-play any of my games when I’m done with it. Sure they appear on my Instagram; here and there, I have not one replayed a single game I’ve owned (aside from Pokemon). How am I able to recycle part of my cash to fund a new game then? If every month I am forking out ~RM200 to spend on games and they will just end up on the shelf after completion, why can’t I re-sell them and top-up the remaining to afford new games?

Where to resell your used game in Malaysia:


  • Facebook groups (Nintendo Malaysia has an active community on Facebook)
  • Gamehouz
  • Kyo’s Game Mart
  • Usedgame.com.my
  • Shopee
  • Carousell
  • Impulse Gaming (they use to buy used games, but not sure if they’re still doing it now)
  • Ask around if your friends would like to buy

It’s always best to just post on Facebook groups to ask if anyone is willing to buy/trade because you can control the selling price unlike, if you approach game shops where they’ll probably buy for a way lower price and not to mention the hassle!


cosplay girl holding nintendo switch games


How does it feel to part with your games?


Honestly, most times I sold my games out of desperation to make a few quick bucks. It definitely saddens me a little— saying goodbye to a good friend who held so much of my memories but then it also felt like I am doing the right thing by not hoarding them just to let them collect dust on my shelves. There will be other people who can appreciate these games, why not give them a chance to enjoy them too?

Now you know where to resell your physical/retail games, why not make some cash by trading in or reselling your older games which you have no more intention of playing again.

Wishes,
Melody

--

*Update: I sold 12/15 of my preloved 3DS + Switch games at a way below market value for a total of ~RM1250

Post a Comment

Sprinkle some stardust

Latest on Instagram

© Miss Meowlodei. Design by Eve.